1. What did you learn this week?
This week I learned all about DNA and RNA. We also learned that DNA has four base nucleotide base pairs. These include guanine, cytosine, adenine, and thymine. We also learned the genetic traits that a child will get through dominant and recessive traits.
2. Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
Throughout lab I found creating DNA strands as well as learning about base pairs quite clear. Something I thought was confusing for myself was the baby project as some of the traits you had to flip more than once. This made some of the traits unclear on how to complete.
3. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
I can apply the projects that we did in lab this week to help students understand the process of DNA, RNA, dominant genes, and recessive genes.


That is one serious model! That fast-plant looks great! I was also a little confused about the way that flipping a coin modeled genetic transmission. Thanks for working through the confusion with me.
ReplyDelete