1. What did you learn this week?
This week I learned about the difference between ecosystems, biomes, and habitats. I also learned about food webs and chains as well as how energy flows between the producer and the consumer in these webs and chains. One thing I thought was interesting to find out during this lesson was the 10% rule for food chains.
2. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
One thing I can use in the future is the use of examples to provide more knowledge. I can do this by showing videos of different habitats like we did in class and then have students pair and share about what they learned for each habitat. Another thing I can do is have my students use posters or Jamboard to further their knowledge and exploration of different ecosystems.
3. Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
One thing I found confusing was the food chain vs food web. They are so similar to each other so it took me a little bit to be able to differentiate the two different things. One thing I found clear was the difference between an ecosystem, a biome, and a habitat. What was done in lab this week really helped me know the difference and what to look for in each one.

No comments:
Post a Comment