1. What did you learn this week?
This week during lab I learned all about the 8 characteristics of living things that differentiates living from nonliving. I also learned what each characteristics means and how it applies to a living thing. Such as reproduction is the production of offspring.
2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
Yes I am. A lot of these characteristics and ideas that we talked about in class were already things that I knew from previous classes. However, I am now able to build off what I knew with what I have just learned in class to produce the best knowledge on the topic.
3. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
I can apply the characteristics of living things to my teaching in the future by introducing the idea to students of living versus nonliving things with the support of the curriculum I will be teaching. In addition, I can use child friendly pictures and diagrams to make understanding of the topic easier for the students that I will be teaching.
Your blog looks great! I agree that child friendly drawings will help students to learn scientific concepts like the characteristics of living things.
ReplyDeleteHi Melodee! I like how you have customized your blog page. I liked how you mentioned that you will be using child friendly pictures and diagrams to help better the understanding for your students. I remember as a young student, complicated visuals that teachers had used were a bit overwhelming, especially when it was in science. Breaking it down can make it much more enjoyable for young students!
ReplyDeleteI think your group drawing homework is very cute! This class was very interesting. It seems that I don't pay so much attention to the difference between living and non living things in my daily life. This time, I deeply experienced it!
ReplyDelete