Thursday, March 7, 2024

Week 8 Blog Post


 

1. What did you learn this week?

We filled out a worksheet looking at the three different types of DNA mutations; substitution, insertion, and deletion. Finally, we did two different online simulations to explain and demonstrate DNA mutation. We utilized the an amino acid chart to see what was being formed.

2. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

I have previously talked about mRNA and DNA in biology classes in high school but we went into deeper the conversation and into topic. It was also relating to genotype and phenotype which we had talked about in the previous weeks. 

3. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

The use of online simulations is definitely something that will be utilizing in my future classroom because they are able to demonstrate topics and concepts which are hard to imagine otherwise in another scale. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Melodee! I also found the activities this week to be a great refresher for information I learned in high school and even last week's content. I also want to use online simulations in my future classroom. I think it's a great way for students to understand processes and topics that are too small to see.

    ReplyDelete

Week 14 Blog Post

1 . What did you do in lab? To start lab we talked about our interviews with our elders that we did over break. We tried to see if there wer...