Thursday, March 28, 2024

Week 10 Post





1. What did you learn this week?

This week, we talked about natural selection. We did a lab titled the "Bean Lab" which was where each member of the group was a predator and given a utensil to catch our "prey" the beans. It demonstrated how dominant traits are passed down to their offspring, ie spoons were more effective in catching our "prey" so it was better when more and more predators had the better utensil


2. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

I did not find this lab the most beneficial for our understanding but understood the point that it was trying to get across. If I were to do this with my students, I would have to simplify it quite a bit as my group was quite confused throughout the entire activity. ll of the different parts while also having to do calculations for the lab were a lot of different components to keep track of, even with knowing the information being taught, let alone it being brand new information for our future students. 

3. What are new or remaining questions? 

A question that I still have is, what would be a good way to display and show children natural selection? 


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I also think that if we were to do this lab with students it may need a bit more guidance especially for the younger kids.

    ReplyDelete

Week 14 Blog Post

1 . What did you do in lab? To start lab we talked about our interviews with our elders that we did over break. We tried to see if there wer...